Based in Portland, Oregon
August 15, 2017
“I, Hope” is a 3D platforming game that follows Hope, a young girl whose life is turned upside down when a mysterious monster named Cancer falls from sky and lands on her island home. The gameplay centers around discovering unique abilities entrenched within magical floating islands in order to solve puzzles and defeat enemies. “I, Hope” is being developed by Arconyx Studios and will be donated in its entirety to GameChanger Charity with 100% of the profits going directly toward benefiting children with life-threatening illnesses and their families.
When we think of video games, our minds go to epic battles, fantasy worlds, crazy races and mind-boggling adventures. For the developers of "I, Hope", creating a game is all of the above and, on top of that, have a higher purpose. Hitting that perfect balance between pure amusement and lifting spirits doesn’t happen overnight, nor does is happen by itself. I, Hope is a beautiful coming of age adventure story about a young girl named Hope, whose town has been taken over by Cancer. The game is engaging for all, yet for survivors and children who are currently battling cancer, the game is empowering. The developer has truly set out to make a game that kids can play while receiving cancer treatments; something to distract them, but at the same time, put them back in control of their battle. In addition to this being a great game, the developer is donating all their profits from the game to Game Changer, a wonderful non-profit organization whose mission is to spread hope and love to children staying in hospitals. Watch for this game to come to Xbox One!
- "I, Hope" tells the story of how one disease can destroy an entire village and a reminder that courage and support are some of our most valuable weapons each of us wield.
- An experience that will stick with gamers and a message that together, hopeful and strong, we all have the power to overcome cancer and make our mark on the world.
- Characters and environments developed by the world-class animation studio, Arconyx, known for their award winning work on both commercials and in feature length films.
- Available this summer (2017) on both XboxOne and PC!
"I, Hope" DigiPress Kit YouTube
"I, Hope" Story Trailer YouTube
GDC "I, Hope" Trailer YouTube
GDC17 MEGABOOTH YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for I, Hope. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner - ID@Xbox Gaming For Everyone Award Winners " GDC 2017, March 1, 2017
- "Winner - Independent Game Festival" March 1, 2017
- "Nominee - Casual Connect Indie Prize" Seattle, June, 2017
- "GameChanger Presents - I, Hope" Games and Music Festival, October 3, 2016
- "I, Hope is the best of what a game can be because it is inspiring, challenging and fun."
- Katie Stone Perez, ID@Xbox
- "Gaming often gives those who feel powerless a sense of strength, control, and mastery."
- JJ Bouchard, C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital
- "This is a great game that also delivers a powerful, meaningful message to kids struggling in hospitals around the world."
- Jim Caroll, GameChanger Charity
Request Press Copy
For additional copy requests, please contact PluggedIn PR or send an email to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
GAMING MEETS GOOD
CANCER BATTLES TAKE ON NEW LIFE IN UPCOMING XBOX GAME “I, HOPE” news.microsoft.com.
New kids’ video a game changer
Animator designs a 3-D adventure to help children with cancer, illnesses theacorn.com.
I, Hope: A Beautiful Game For a Beautiful Cause
Video game developers have the opportunity to profoundly affect people from all walks of life, and studio Arconyx, plans to do exactly that cliqist.com.
I, Hope - Video Game Benefiting Kids with Cancer
A new 3D Adventure Game about the power of Hope, being donated to support children in hospitals. indiegogo.com.
Additional updates on "I, Hope"
You can find more images, video, and updates on "I, Hope" over on our blog doubleplusgoodgames.com.
++Good (Double Plus Good) Games celebrates and champions the best games, the best developers, and the greatest experiences this industry has to offer. Along the way we want to share with others what has made this industry so exceptional to work in these past 40 years.
More information on ++, our logo & relevant media are available here.
I, Hope Credits
Business & Development, Acronyx
CEO, Creative Director
Executive Director, Host