Located in the Pacific NW
April 18, 2018
"I, Hope" is a 3D Adventure designed specifically to help children with cancer cope with the disease and treatment. In the game, you play as Hope, a young girl whose island home is destroyed by an evil monster called "Cancer". Hope must travel to five islands to acquire the weapons she will need to fight cancer; weapons like Knowledge, Strength, Courage, and Support. In the end, she will find that we all have the greatest weapon inside of all us; Hope. “I, Hope” was developed by Kenny Roy and was be donated in its entirety to GameChanger Charity with 100% of the profits going directly toward's their mission of benefiting children with life-threatening illnesses and their families.
When we think of video games, our minds go to epic battles, fantasy worlds, crazy races and mind-boggling adventures. For the developers of "I, Hope", creating a game is all of the above and, on top of that, have a higher purpose. Hitting that perfect balance between pure amusement and lifting spirits doesn’t happen overnight, nor does is happen by itself. In February of 2016, Kenny Roy embarked on a two year long journey of creating a video game designed to help children with cancer cope with the disease and treatment. The game, entitled, "I, Hope" released Q1 2018 on Steam and Xbox One. Partner support from Microsoft Research, Unity, Twitch, Razer, and DoublePlusGood Games made the game a reality, and we are ultimately proud of the message of Hope that the game delivers. We are just as proud of the fact that 100% of proceeds of the game go to GameChanger Charity, to support their mission of supporting children and families dealing with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses. The game has already been awarded the "Gaming for Everyone" Award from Xbox in 2017, and we are hopeful for the future of developing games for charitable causes.
- The story of how one disease can destroy an entire village and a reminder that courage and support are some of our most valuable weapons each of us wield.
- A custom tailored message, developed with child-life experts, that supports the emotional and mental well-being of children fighting this awful disease.
- Original music by Taylor Carol, a cancer survivor and founder of GameChanger Charity.
- Characters and environments developed by the world-class animator, Kenny Roy, known for his award winning work on both commercials and in feature length films.
- Five unique levels to explore.
- Full controller support.
- An experience that will stick with gamers and a message that together, hopeful and strong, we all have the power to overcome cancer and make our mark on the world.
Xbox One Launch Trailer YouTube
Twitch Prime Indie Amplifier Trailer YouTube
"I, Hope" DigiPress Kit YouTube
"I, Hope" Story Trailer YouTube
GDC "I, Hope" Trailer YouTube
GDC17 MEGABOOTH YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner - ID@Xbox Gaming For Everyone Award Winners " GDC 2017, March 1, 2017
- "Winner - Independent Game Festival" March 1, 2017
- "Nominee - Casual Connect Indie Prize" Seattle, June, 2017
- "GameChanger Presents - I, Hope" Games and Music Festival, October 3, 2016
- "I, Hope is the best of what a game can be because it is inspiring, challenging and fun."
- Katie Stone Perez, ID@Xbox
- "Gaming often gives those who feel powerless a sense of strength, control, and mastery."
- JJ Bouchard, C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital
- "This is a great game that also delivers a powerful, meaningful message to kids struggling in hospitals around the world."
- Jim Caroll, GameChanger Charity
- "Profound, poignant and undeniably cathartic"
- Microsoft News Center - Europe, Microsoft Wire
- "It's an interesting metaphor for kids looking for a way to deal with their illnesses while having fun in the process."
- Brittany Vincent, Popular Science
Request Press Copy
For additional copy requests, please contact PluggedIn PR or send an email to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
GAMING MEETS GOOD
CANCER BATTLES TAKE ON NEW LIFE IN UPCOMING XBOX GAME “I, HOPE” news.microsoft.com.
New kids’ video a game changer
Animator designs a 3-D adventure to help children with cancer, illnesses theacorn.com.
I, Hope: A Beautiful Game For a Beautiful Cause
Video game developers have the opportunity to profoundly affect people from all walks of life, and studio Arconyx, plans to do exactly that cliqist.com.
I, Hope - Video Game Benefiting Kids with Cancer
A new 3D Adventure Game about the power of Hope, being donated to support children in hospitals. indiegogo.com.
Additional updates on "I, Hope"
You can find more images, video, and updates on "I, Hope" over on our blog doubleplusgoodgames.com.
++Good (Double Plus Good) Games celebrates and champions the best games, the best developers, and the greatest experiences this industry has to offer. Along the way we want to share with others what has made this industry so exceptional to work in these past 40 years.
More information on ++, our logo & relevant media are available here.
I, Hope Credits
Business & Development, Acronyx
CEO, Creative Director
Executive Director, Host